Novel drugs to treat acute organ inflammation
Explore Arch Biopartners platforms, teams and publications
Arch is developing new drugs, led by LSALT peptide, that:
- inhibit inflammation in the lungs, liver, and kidneys via the dipeptidase-1 (DPEP1) pathway and,
- are relevant for multiple indications where organ inflammation is an unmet problem with no effective treatments in the market today.
Beyond treating inflammation in COVID-19 patients, Arch expects in future that LSALT Peptide will be developed to target organ inflammation in other applications such as cardiac surgery associated kidney injury (AKI).
Find out more about the ongoing Phase III Canadian Treatments for COVID-19 (CATCO) trial and the history of the Phase I and II trials and publications at the LSALT Peptide (Metablok) page.
Additional programs not currently under development:
An experienced team of scientists with an executive, board and advisors bringing deep scientific, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and corporate financial experience.
Science and Research Teams
- Current work on LSALT Peptide is directed by Arch’s Treatments for Inflammation Team, led by Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D., Dr. Justin Macdonald Ph. D., Dr. Paul Beck and Dr. Arthur Lau Ph. D, who are primarily based at the University of Calgary.
- The DPEP1 Inflammation Pathway and LSALT Peptide (Metablok) were discovered by the Metablok team – Dr. Stephen Robbins Ph. D., Dr. Donna Senger Ph. D. and Jennifer Rahn B Sc., M Sc. at the University of Calgary.
The Arch Science team also includes:
- Dr. Randall Irvin Ph. D., Dr. Dongyang Li Ph. D. and Dr. Elisabeth Davis Ph. D. at the University of Alberta, whose work on the BORG Peptide is not currently under development.
And, until his passing Dr. Daniel (Dr.Dan) J. Hassett Ph.D. (May 1958-April 2022), who led the work on AB569 at the University of Cincinnati.
The Arch Biopartners Science Teams have all participated and authored key papers and journal publications as a core part of their ongoing scientific research, discoveries and development.
- Treatments for Inflammation publications surrounding the development of LSALT Peptide (Metablok) as a treatment for inflammation with broad application to prevent organ and tissue injury
- AB569 publications describing AB569 as a novel bactericidal treatment for treatment resistant bacteria and Respiratory Pseudomonas
- BORG Peptide publications discussing a peptide-based biological coating for enhanced corrosion resistance, strength and control of adhesion of bacteria and microbes.
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell Targeting publications describe the development of a peptide-based delivery platform for targeting malignant brain tumors