Developing select technologies
Explore Arch Biopartners platforms, teams and publications
Arch works closely with the scientific community, universities and research institutions to advance and build the value of select preclinical technologies, develop the most promising intellectual property, and create value for its investors.
Arch has established a diverse portfolio that includes:
- LSALT Peptide (Metablok), a potential treatment for inflammation, sepsis and cancer metastasis – in Phase II international clinical trials to treat patients hospitalized with COVID-19;
- AB569, a potential new treatment for antibiotic resistant bacterial infections; and,
- ‘Borg’ peptide coatings that increase corrosion resistance and decrease biofilm on various medical grade metals and plastics.
The company is led by experienced groups of scientists with an executive, board and advisors with scientific, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and corporate financial experience.
Science and Research Teams
- Metablok is led by Dr. Stephen Robbins Ph. D., Dr. Donna Senger Ph. D. and Jennifer Rahn B Sc., M Sc. at the University of Calgary
- AB569 and Respiratory Pseudomonas is led by Dr. Daniel J. Hassett Ph. D. at the University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine
- BORG Peptide is led by Dr. Randall Irvin Ph. D., Dr. Dongyang Li Ph. D. and Dr. Elisabeth Davis Ph. D. at the University of Alberta
- The Treatments for Inflammation team is led by Dr. Daniel Muruve Ph. D., Dr. Justin Macdonald Ph. D. and Dr. Paul Beck at the University of Calgary
The Arch Biopartners Science Teams have all participated and authored key papers and journal publications as a core part of their ongoing scientific research, discoveries and development.
- Treatments for Inflammation publications surrounding the development of LSALT Peptide (Metablok) as a treatment for inflammation with broad application to prevent organ and tissue injury
- AB569 publications describing AB569 as a novel bactericidal treatment for treatment resistant bacteria and Respiratory Pseudomonas
- BORG Peptide publications discussing a peptide-based biological coating for enhanced corrosion resistance, strength and control of adhesion of bacteria and microbes.
- Brain Tumor Stem Cell Targeting publications describe the development of a peptide-based delivery platform for targeting malignant brain tumors